Saturday, May 7, 2011

Au Matin Calme

Au Matin Calme is a French patisserie at 210 Hutt Street. It is available for breakfast, lunch and tea and is open for late night desserts on Friday nights. The seating is on the first floor of the renovated old building.

The hot chocolate cost four dollars and came in a mug with "Un tasse de café" on the outside and "Bonjour, un café sil vous plais" on the inside. It was topped with a creamy froth. Later I found that I could have chosen from a dark hot chocolate, orange hot chocolate or a vanilla hot chocolate and that the hot chocolate came from a secret French recipe. I am not sure which choice of the hot chocolate I was served as the taste fitted none of the three categories. It was not a particular dark or rich hot chocolate but it did have the Belgian chocolate taste and was very creamy.
Au Matin Calme on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I am very excited to have found your blog! I also live in Adelaide & am a avid hot chocolate drinker (as I don't drink coffee). Thanks so much for sharing your reviews ...

    Your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Orange Milk hot chocolate is AMAZING! I dream about it. Does anyone know how to make it???

    ReplyDelete