Sunday, December 20, 2009

Palindromes

In a previous posting we looked at anagrams. Palindromes are much more rigid as they spell out the same message when spelt backwards. A couple of famous ones on another site are "Madam I'm Adam" and "A man, a plan, a canal - Panama."

Trying to right a palindrome about hot chocolate is no easy task as there are not many words that include the letter "HC" in that order. The best I can do is:
No choc side disc, oh con.

This requires a bit of imagination to work out a scenario where this phrase might be used.

Your reviewer's name does not lend itself to palindromes either. The best I can do is
Hale Kremlin nil Merkel, ah!

This is an odd way to say that the Kremlin will be much more robust without Merkel and that Merkel is relieved at this thought.

My readers may consider that adding liqueurs to hot chocolate makes them unsuitable for consumption by children. Liqueur hot chocolate could be considered for Adults Only (AO). I would hope then that my readers might accept the palindrome:
AO Cocoa

No comments:

Post a Comment