Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Flutter at Butterflies

Butterflies on Pirie St, Adelaide is a very elegant establishment. It is a café with a French theme. Very pretty and lacy and it seems that most of the clientele are female however that did not stop me from trying their Hot Chocolate. The French have a tradition of hot chocolate and croissants at breakfast so I had hopes they could do something special even if it was lunchtime.

Hot chocolate from Butterflies is served either in a ceramic cup or tall mug. The mug was fairly dainty rather than generous. I chose to have my hot chocolate with their meal deal so I have neglected to work out what the separate price was. In addition to the normal froth and sprinkle of chocolate Butterfies adds a squirt of chocolate sauce in a simple pattern. The hot chocolate has hazelnut or vanilla flavour added which gives it a refreshing sweetness. No marshmallows were served with this hot chocolate but the flavour was sweet enough as it is. I liked the originality of the flavour although it was too sweet to be my regular hot chocolate.

This venue seems to have closed and is now on the list of disappearing hot chocolate venues.

No comments:

Post a Comment