Out of 136 hot chocolate reviewed 86 hot chocolates had no extras. This is the majority or 63% of hot chocolates.
37 hot chocolates came with at least one marshmallow. These marshmallows did not come dunked or with any other extras.
• 19 came with a single marshmallow,
• 13 came with a pink and a white marshmallow,
• Four came with two white marshmallows (Hilton Hotel, Kappy's Café, Sky High Café and Muffin Break) and
• The Café Delicieuse hot chocolate came with a white and an orange marshmallow
Four hot chocolates came with a chocolate:
• Cremorne Hotel (Wrapped Chocolate)
• Duthy Street Deli (Button)
• Jardine's on the Square (Wrapped Chocolate)
• Square Café (Jaffa)
Three hot chocolates came with their marshmallows already dunked which is practice Merkel does not approve of. Three provided miscellaneous but disappointing variations on the theme such as
- Café a Go Go with marshmallows costing 20 cents extra,
- Essential Café with marshmallows costing 50 cents extra,
- Highway Pokie Lounge with soggy prepacked biscuits, and
- Starbucks, Swanson St, Melbourne with cream and marshmallow dunked and a chocolate thin.